WHAT TO WEAR TO A SUMMER WEDDING FOR HER PART I
Wednesday, July 06, 2016
This post originally appeared in The Budget Fashionista
It may not be your special day, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to look gorgeous. The problem is that what to wear to a summer wedding can be tricky. Because you shouldn’t have to stress out about a wedding that isn’t yours, we’ve put together some tips to ensure that you’ll turn heads while sticking to the dress code. Now all you’ve got to worry about is how to get that cute groomsman to dance with you.
What to Wear to a Summer Wedding: Basic Dos and Don’ts
- Wear summer colors like turquoise, melon, strawberry, and kelly green
- Wear cute pumps and/or sandals for an inside wedding/reception
- Wear black (with color) to an evening wedding
- Wear something sexy- but tasteful
- Wear a linen pants suit
- Wear a cool straw hat
- Wear white, unless the bride requests it. People will talk about you (and not in a good way)
- Wear black to an afternoon/morning wedding. Pick something colorful
- Wear heels for an outside wedding/reception (your heel with get stuck in the grass)
- Wear ultra low cut dresses, short-short dresses, shorts. If you wouldn’t want your grandma to see you in it, then don’t wear it.
What to Wear to A Summer Wedding: Dressing Tips
Dress for the time and place
Afternoon ceremonies tend to be more casual than evening soirees, so first take into account what time the event is taking place. At noon, it’s perfectly appropriate to wear a summer sundress or pastel skirt, while at six, it’s more fitting to wear a satin or chiffon cocktail dress. Many weddings nowadays call for a wardrobe change between a low-key ceremony and fancy reception. Determine how much to dress up or down according to the time and venue of the event.
To Be Continued...
- birmingham tuxedo rental
- Mr Burch
- Mr Burch Tuxedo
- summer wedding
- summer wedding attire
- summer wedding attire for her
- tuxedo rental
- what to wear summer wedding